September 06, 2006

AM Highs

Oh, how I hate waking up high... Past three mornings?

331
278
300

The reason?

331 - binging before bed + stress
278 - grazing all evening + stress
300 - ate a well balanced dinner, but got an upset stomach around 9PM, ate a few crackers and bolusing (what I thought was) appropriately. Upset stomach was probably due to stress from day before....

There's a direct and obvious correlation between how much I eat and how stressed I am. The more stress, the more I eat. The more relaxed/peaceful/calm, the less I eat. Food has become my drug of choice, I guess. However, it not only wreaks havoc on my weight, but it also is hazardous to my blood sugars. You'd think those reprecussions would be enough to prompt me to not eat, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to hinder me in the least.

So, it seems that until I get a handle on the stress in my life, my weight and my blood sugar will continue to suffer.

Joy.

2 Comments:

Blogger George said...

I have also heard that just being stressed will increase our BG. How screwed up is that!!??

Take it easy.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

I'm right there with you.

It's amazing to me, the potency of the chemicals/signals that the brain can send out, DEMANDING that we eat something - even though our rational side knows better.

With you in the battle!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home