March 04, 2006

Exercise...

I usually plan my Saturday's around when I want to exercise. I love the weekends because I'm not pegged into exercising at the end of the day. Throughout the week I exercise after school, and I'm usually run down from work and the stress of trying to get 10th graders to see the slightest glimmer of importance in anything I say. Thus, the weekends are usually my days to exercise early so that I can relax the rest of the day.

This morning, my body had different plans.

I woke up at 237, and since I planned to exercise in about 2-3 hours, I only took 1 unit of correction because I didn't want to go low while exercising later on. So, I finally make my way to the treadmill and after 18 minutes, I notice that I feel funny... so I'm thinking, "Crap, how could I be low??" So I run upstairs and check, and when I see the 346 on the meter my heart plummets about 10 stories. I wasn't mad at the number - screwy things happen during my period and I did only take 1 unit of correction - but what pissed me off was the fact that I didn't feel like I could exercise after my rage bolus (yes, I definitely don't do my best calculations when high...). And it's a good thing I didn't exercise. I dropped 200 points in the span of an hour.

Now, the level headed person would just exercise in the afternoon - no biggie. Not me. I wanted to exercise in the morning - NOT the afternoon - so now any plans I had to exercise today are pretty much down the tubes.

What, you may ask, happened to the girl who said "Screw it!" the other day??? I don't know... but if I find her, I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home