April 25, 2006

At a snail's pace... And other random stuff

Blog Updating
I'm SLOWLY revamping my blog.... haha I can't believe it took me this long to finally add a list of links to my blog. I was so envious of others who had that because it made it so easy to surf around the blogs. Mine may not be completely user friendly yet, but I'll work on that. I need to look into how I can show when a blog has been updated, too.

Random Stuff
I hate it when I feel like I might be low, then I check to see and find that I'm not low... soo confusing. Of course, I'm happy I"m not low right now, but having the sensation of a low when you're not low is just bizarre. I rechecked twice just to make sure. Definitely not low.

In pumping news, I'm scheduled to meet with the MiniMed and the Animas Reps during the next two weeks. Decision time is fast approaching!!! Yikes!!! I really like the prospect of the CGMS that comes with the Minimed being covered by insurance in the not too distant future, but I've also learned that Animas is joined with Johnson and Johnson (One Touch Ultra people), and I like my OTU meter, so I'm pretty torn!!! I've teetered between the two for the past three months, but I guess the decision will be easier to make (hopefully) once I've tried both meters on and played around with the options on each. I've polled for advice on this before, I think, but I'm going to ask again.... WHICH FREAKING PUMP?????!!!!! Throw a girl a bone! Toss me a line! HELP HELP HELP!!!! ;) Not that I'm desperate or anything...

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Hey LaLa,

I too hate when I feel low, but am not. It's very confusing. I've noticed that I get symptoms of what I used to say were low when I'm around 200.

It's really tough because I used to be able to trust those symptoms pretty reliably. It's frustrating.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

I really think the differences between the three pumps are so small as to not make much difference. Had O needed the teeny doses that Animas (I think it was Animas) gave, we would have gone with that, but she doesn't, so we went with the MM 715 Paradigm. Because it was purple. :D Honest to god, that's why.

And you don't have to use the BD meter that comes with the MM pump. You just will have to enter your bg reading manually, that's all.

8:36 PM  
Blogger bethany said...

i love my minimed pump - the main reason that i went on it was because my doctor didn't give me any other choices - but now that i've been on it for 2 years i absolutely love it and i recently tried an animas pump - i was supposed to wear it for almost a month but after the 1st week i hated it and switched back - but many many people love animas - it's just not for me - i think in the end you'll love which ever one you pick ... good luck!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home